https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/101630-error_message_in_workbench.html

Error message in Workbench
Thread poster: Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche
Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche
Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche
Local time: 07:58
English to French
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

Hi,

I have been having the following error message appearing at the bottom of the Workbench window: (-2147467259): (-214747259): Illegal index. I have to say it does not prevent me from working but I believe it should not appear every time I type. Could anyone help me understand and get rid of this?
Thank you so much in advance.

Joëlle.

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 00:58
English to Spanish
This is what Workbench Help says Apr 7, 2008

Cause
This error can have multiple causes. The most probable one is that Translator's Workbench has found a term in the sentence but you do not have read authorisation for the current entry the term belongs to.

Resolution
Make sure you have read access to the MultiTerm termbase. See the MultiTerm User Guide for more information on access rights.

Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:58
Italian to German
+ ...
MultiTerm Apr 7, 2008

I have had this error, too, after having installed the new Trados 2007.
You need to "reorganize" the MultiTerm term base to create the fuzzy index.

I've switched to the French vesion of MultiTerm interface to explain this better:
Base terminologique -> Réorganiser

That should do the job.

Best
Heike

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:58
French to English
+ ...
Check the terminology recognition languages in TW/ Options Apr 9, 2008

Hi Joëlle,
Check the source and target languages in the Terminology Recognition Options window. They may be incompatible (such as same source and target language).

HTH,
Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in Workbench

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »