Thread poster: ssteph
ssteph
ssteph
Local time: 21:30
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2008

Hi,

This may seem a silly question but how can I force Trados to segment headers and footers?
No indication in the help of the programm. This option is certainly hidden in the multiple parameters but I can't find it.

Thank you

Stéphane

Sanja Ivelić
Sanja Ivelić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2008)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Easy Apr 9, 2008

Hi Stephane,

you would encounter the same problem, regardless the version of Trados you are working with.

I guess you are working either in doc or rtf file. You must open header or footer manually (as you would open it without using Trados) and then you can open the segment using Trados command.

After you have finished the translation and in case you need to deliver clean and unclean file(s), you follow the same procedure. Firstly, you clean the body text
... See more
Hi Stephane,

you would encounter the same problem, regardless the version of Trados you are working with.

I guess you are working either in doc or rtf file. You must open header or footer manually (as you would open it without using Trados) and then you can open the segment using Trados command.

After you have finished the translation and in case you need to deliver clean and unclean file(s), you follow the same procedure. Firstly, you clean the body text and afterwards you open one by one footer/header and clean them separately.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Sanja
Collapse

ssteph
ssteph
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no segment in header and footer Apr 9, 2008

My problem is the following: the headers and the footers are not segmented i.e (o>segment

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Had the same problem, no workaround yet Apr 9, 2008

Hi ssteph

I had the same problem, but haven't found any workaround yet.
Look at my post here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/74558-error_in_opening_footers_segments-.html

Maybe you can find your solution there.
Nothing worked for me and I am still unable to translate footers using Tr
... See more
Hi ssteph

I had the same problem, but haven't found any workaround yet.
Look at my post here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/74558-error_in_opening_footers_segments-.html

Maybe you can find your solution there.
Nothing worked for me and I am still unable to translate footers using Trados segmentation.
Monica
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Don't use tags in the forum... Apr 9, 2008

Hi ssteph,
Your posting was truncated because the pointed brackets are interpreted as tags.

ssteph wrote:

My problem is the following: the headers and the footers are not segmented (tags removed) whereas the body is correctly segmented.

If I open the file, using the Trados macros, I can handle the body but the text in the headers and the footers is not regnonized as translatable text and therefore not sent to the MDB!

[Edited at 2008-04-09 12:46]

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2008-04-09 20:44]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 20:45]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 20:48]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 20:49]

[Edited at 2008-04-09 20:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

header & footer in Trados 7.5 not segmented

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »