What's the relating tmx segment from an existing ttx?
Thread poster: shibeebee
shibeebee
Local time: 22:23
English to Chinese
Apr 10, 2008

Hi,

I have translated a sentence in Trados TagEditor, the bilingual content is as followed:

Managing Voice Messages in Your E-mail Program2-6Gestion des messages vocaux dans votre programme de messagerie électronique2-6

There are several tags such as ps,cc,hmk, etc. I want to ask when I use this ttx to extract a tmx, what will it be like? Will these tags contain in the tmx file?

Since my Trados is just for demo use, I can't get the tmx file from ttx file. Thanks so much.

Beebee

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:23
English to French
+ ...
Yes, they will appear in the TM Apr 10, 2008

Tags usually are stored with the translation unit in the translation memory. At first, it may sound scary - but fear not. Trados has an option to strip tags. So, if you use the TM you created, which contains tags, on a new document, if the tags in the TM do not appear in the text you are translating, the match will be inserted without the tags - but you will still be able to see those tags in Workbench and in the Concordance window.

In a nutshell, if you translated segments containing tags, the tags are always kept with the TM.

shibeebee
Local time: 22:23
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Several questions Apr 15, 2008

Thanks, Viktoria
I still have several questions about it. Could you please help me to find the answer?

Q1. If there are contents in tags in the source locale, such as <:v "Connection" 3>,"Connection" will not be translated. Right?

Q2. If I use Trados to translate a mif, I will get a correponding TM which may contian many tags. However, my customer uses Idiom WorldServer, he wants to use this TM to match his document which is similar with the one I translated. Since there are many tags in the TM, the 100% match rate will be very low. Thus, what can I do if I want to improve his leverage rate? Use the method to strip tags? If there is content in tags, it may be not good to strip these tags, right?

Q3. If I want to strip tags, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Beebee

[Edited at 2008-04-15 02:04]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-04-15 03:57]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's the relating tmx segment from an existing ttx?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search