United States
Local time: 03:12
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Apr 10, 2008

SDL Trados 2007
TagEditor Version 8.2.0.835
Windows XP SP2
TRADOStag Viewer Plug-in set Stylesheet: Tableview (also tried HTML view)
Type of file: XML

Problem:
Preview mode (either bilingual or target only) does not display formatted text.

Situation:
When in Tableview, a table with 3 columns is displayed: Match, Source, Target. I can see text, tags (optional), and colored matching %. However, text is not formatted; no bolds, no italics, nothing.

When in HTML view (Target only) matching color is applied to the text units, but there is no formatting, no WYSIWYG. Again, no bolds, no italics, nothing.

--------------------------
When in Tableview mode, I was expecting the table to contain 2 columns, Source and Target, formatted as they would display on a Web page.
When in HTML mode, I was expecting a formatted view of the Target text as it would appear on a Web page.

I am sure the problem is some wrong parameter or option.

Any suggestions?

(I am sorry if this is problem has been presented before. I was not able to find anything related in the forums. Just point me in that direction if it exists and I will forever appreciate it.)

[Edited at 2008-04-10 13:48]

Direct link Reply with quote

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 09:12
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
XML formatting Apr 10, 2008

Hello,

xml ios a structered file type where you can define elemenjhts like heading, body text, unit, adress, telephone number, ....
In XML you have no information about layout of these elements.

If you want to put your xml information into a layout, you must define a layout scheme. Normally you have a publishing system for taking xml into layoutl. Of course you can programm a viewer for a special xml structure and add it to the viewer in TagEditor.

Maybe you should try to open you xml file in Internet Explorer. Then you will see the same structure like TagEditor "sees" (without layout)

Greetings

Hans

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:12
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Have scheme. Still does not display formatted text. Apr 10, 2008

I have a scheme provided by the client.
Preview opens in IE.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS TagEditor Preview does not display formatted text

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search