Thread poster: Piotr Lewandowski
Piotr Lewandowski
Piotr Lewandowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:26
Polish to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2008

I need help.

Due to technical problems with my computer and hard drive disk, I was unable to return my license to the server. Now I cannot to activate my SDL Trados 2007 Freelance - it runs in demo mode only. Moreover, in My Account on sdl.com, there is no information about my Product Activation Codes any longer (activation code is not available). I know I need to return my license every time I uninstall the software, but this time I had no time to do it. The computer crashed and I
... See more
I need help.

Due to technical problems with my computer and hard drive disk, I was unable to return my license to the server. Now I cannot to activate my SDL Trados 2007 Freelance - it runs in demo mode only. Moreover, in My Account on sdl.com, there is no information about my Product Activation Codes any longer (activation code is not available). I know I need to return my license every time I uninstall the software, but this time I had no time to do it. The computer crashed and I couldn't turn it on again.

Now, when opening Workbench, I receive either this message:

"Error message - The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 4806-931070 (Error code 50040)."

or

"Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled. # 0913-151475 (Error code 50040)".

Nevertheless, the error code is still the same.

I tried contacting my SDL representative in Poland, but only received information to contact the manufacturer. I have been looking for a way to contact SDL via My Account on sdl.com, but I couldn't find anything that would be of use.

Can anyone help me and describe how to notify SDL of the problem and how to ask them for resetting my activation code?

Thanks for all your help.

Piotr Lewandowski
Collapse

Doroteja
Doroteja  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 07:26
English to Latvian
+ ...
Repair mode Apr 15, 2008

Maybe it helps: try Control panel - Add or Remove Programs - Click here for support information (on the SDL Trados icon) - Repair.

[Edited at 2008-04-15 10:07]

Piotr Lewandowski
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is not the problem of installation Apr 15, 2008

Thank you, but this is not the problem. Installation was completed successfully.

The problem is with activation, as I do not have an activation code on SDL servers (I was unable to return it before my computer crashed).

Now I cannot activate the software.

I need to inform SDL of this fact and ask for reset of my activation code.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
SDL Solution Finder Apr 15, 2008

Hello Piotr,

Please visit http://talisma.sdl.com to view our knowledge base of problems and solutions.

If you have a licensing and installation problem then please go through the SDL Solution Finder, located on the top menu bar, to try and find a solution to your problem.

If at the end of the process you haven't been guided to an appropriate solution to help you with your "L
... See more
Hello Piotr,

Please visit http://talisma.sdl.com to view our knowledge base of problems and solutions.

If you have a licensing and installation problem then please go through the SDL Solution Finder, located on the top menu bar, to try and find a solution to your problem.

If at the end of the process you haven't been guided to an appropriate solution to help you with your "Licensing or Installation" problem, you will still have a feedback form to get help from the Support Team.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
Collapse

Piotr Lewandowski
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 15, 2008

Thank you.

I managed to notify SDL Support of the problem. I am waiting for reply.

Thanks for help.

Piotr

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Please let me know Apr 15, 2008

Hi Piotr,

Will you please let me know if they actually reply? I need to know whether they do as I've tried sending queries before but there was NO ANSWER.

Thanks...

maciejm
maciejm  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
They do answer Apr 15, 2008

Aniza wrote:

Hi Piotr,

Will you please let me know if they actually reply? I need to know whether they do as I've tried sending queries before but there was NO ANSWER.

Thanks...

When I had the same problem a month ago, they were very quick and efficient. They got back to me within an hour or so of my submitting a support request, and within another hour I had a new activation code generated by them, which enabled me to use Trados again.

M

Piotr Lewandowski
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Apr 16, 2008

Thanks for all your help.

I just got an email from sdl support. A new activation code was generated. Trados works perfectly.

I was waiting for their response for about a day.

Piotr

Ilona Kangro
Ilona Kangro  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 07:26
Member (2006)
Latvian to English
+ ...
Similar experience Jul 11, 2008

I also got the same error message today. I had to re-install everything in my PC, but re-activation of Trados did not seem to work. I followed the advice of this thread, contacted Trados support and had the problem solved in a matter of an hour or so. This is what I call fast!

Ilona

Yibo Wen Zhu
Yibo Wen Zhu
United States
Local time: 00:26
Spanish to Chinese
+ ...
Please help me!!! It is really urgent! Oct 9, 2008

Hello, everyone,

I am a freelance translator and member of Proz. On June 18th 2008 I bought the SDL Trados Freelance 2007 +MultiTerm 2007 via Proz; and Last month I bought a new computer, so I had to uninstall the program and install it again in the new one. Actually I did deactivate the license of Trados in the old computer.

But I could not activate the license when I had installed the program in my new computer because of this message" The activation of the
... See more
Hello, everyone,

I am a freelance translator and member of Proz. On June 18th 2008 I bought the SDL Trados Freelance 2007 +MultiTerm 2007 via Proz; and Last month I bought a new computer, so I had to uninstall the program and install it again in the new one. Actually I did deactivate the license of Trados in the old computer.

But I could not activate the license when I had installed the program in my new computer because of this message" The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 6047-60464 (Error code 50040)"; today I tried to activate the license and there was a new message telling me that in 8 days my license number is not available any more.

It is a really urgent case! I need help! I called the translation agency where I took the course of SDL Trados Freelance 2007 this summer and I was told that, I uninstalled the program without having returned the license; and in 8 days my Trados would become into the demo Trados, about which I had no idea at all.
Anyway, they could not help me. Anybody , please tell me what I can do in this case, please send me the solution via E-mail o leave me a message, I really appreciate it....

Thank you very much!!!

[email protected]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
SDL Solution Finder Oct 10, 2008

Hello Yibo Wen,

We have a very effective solution finder, designed to help users diagnose their installation and licensing problems. We urge you to follow the solution finder step by step and, if your problem is not resolved, you will be given a support form to fill out. The support form will then be sent to our support team, who will get back to you as soon as possible.

To visit the solution finder please follow these i
... See more
Hello Yibo Wen,

We have a very effective solution finder, designed to help users diagnose their installation and licensing problems. We urge you to follow the solution finder step by step and, if your problem is not resolved, you will be given a support form to fill out. The support form will then be sent to our support team, who will get back to you as soon as possible.

To visit the solution finder please follow these instructions:

1. Please visit: https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

2. Login with your username and password

3. Go to "My Support"

4. Select "Licensing and Installation Help"

5. Read the instructions and then select the "Solution finder direct link"

6. Select the "Licensing Problems" link in the left hand navigation pane

7. Answer the questions accordingly

Again, you will be given a support form to fill out if you don't find a solution.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Dafne Figal
Dafne Figal
English to Spanish
+ ...
Help needed - SDL Trados 2007 Freelance stopped working - activation fails Dec 14, 2010

Dear all,
I have been using Trados 2007 Freelance with an online activation code for a couple of years without any trouble. Last week, all of a sudden, when I tried to open the workbench, it reacted as it had been newly installed and required the activation code. Whenever I insert it, I get this message:
"An unspecified failure occurred. Please check permissions, reboot and try again (Error code 0)"

The license manager shows no active licenses, so I cannot return the li
... See more
Dear all,
I have been using Trados 2007 Freelance with an online activation code for a couple of years without any trouble. Last week, all of a sudden, when I tried to open the workbench, it reacted as it had been newly installed and required the activation code. Whenever I insert it, I get this message:
"An unspecified failure occurred. Please check permissions, reboot and try again (Error code 0)"

The license manager shows no active licenses, so I cannot return the license that, in fact, does appear in "My Account" in the SDL website. I have checked that port 80 is open and desactivated my firewall and anti-virus, but nothing helps. Ah! I work with Windows Vista (just in case it helps)

I do not have a PSMA, there's no phone number to get any assistance, the company in Spain provides no technical help and SDL keeps "telling" me to use the Solution Finder in their website, but all I get is an automatic response that refers to the same Solution Finder page. Well, I cannot find any solution there...

I am running out of time and of ideas so all and any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dafne Figal

[Editado a las 2010-12-14 15:32 GMT]

[Editado a las 2010-12-14 16:32 GMT]
Collapse

blaskovl
blaskovl  Identity Verified

Local time: 05:26
English to Slovak
+ ...
didn't return the license too Jan 21, 2011

Hi,

I've got the same problem as Piotr and I've also contacted SDL Support, but it's been more than a week and I still didn't get any reply! Getting nervous every day. I've been told that I've got an extra activation code, but don't know how to use it to activate my Trados anyway. Will have to search the web to find the answer. I hope my problem will be resolved.

Claudia Figueiredo
Claudia Figueiredo  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Can't find the feedback form Apr 20, 2011

Dear all,

I'm having the same problem after having formatted my PC.
I have search the all Support area and don't seem to find the feedback form. I have flash installed so I guess it's not a display problem...
Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
Claudia

[Edited at 2011-04-21 08:30 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-04-21 08:30 GMT]

Claudia Figueiredo
Claudia Figueiredo  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Done... Apr 21, 2011

I've managed to contact support. Forget my request.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error during the activation process - SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »