Thread poster: Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:45
English to Japanese
Apr 15, 2008

Hi,

I would like to share a MultiTerm terminology I created with my friend. Which files do I need to send her in order to use MultiTerm in SDLX? There are xcd, xdt, xcl, etc, etc... I'm not sure which ones to send.

Thanks,
Naomi

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Export either as XML or as XLS Apr 15, 2008

If memory serves, you have five different export options in MultiTerm, of which the most popular ones are exporting to XML and exporting to an Excel worksheet, and for good reason. You should export the TDB as an XML ffile and give instructions to your friend for importing it.

For further (and extremely useful) information on exporting and importing termbases, take a look at this page
... See more
If memory serves, you have five different export options in MultiTerm, of which the most popular ones are exporting to XML and exporting to an Excel worksheet, and for good reason. You should export the TDB as an XML ffile and give instructions to your friend for importing it.

For further (and extremely useful) information on exporting and importing termbases, take a look at this page: http://ecolotrain.uni-saarland.de/index.php?id=1714&L=1

You may want to look at the other exercises on the left side of the page for more information to help you understand terminology management concepts.

All the best!
Collapse

Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Export XML (at my side) and then Import it (at my friend) in MultiTerm Apr 15, 2008

Salut Viktoria,

Thanks alot for your quick response!

Actually I converted an Excel file into an XML with MultiTerm Convert and then import it to MultiTerm. I use it in SDLX and now I want to share it with my friend. I will export it with Export function in MultiTerm as you advised. I was not sure if the other party has to import the XML again.

I will also check the site you kindly suggested.

Merci beaucoup encore!

[Edited at 2008-04
... See more
Salut Viktoria,

Thanks alot for your quick response!

Actually I converted an Excel file into an XML with MultiTerm Convert and then import it to MultiTerm. I use it in SDLX and now I want to share it with my friend. I will export it with Export function in MultiTerm as you advised. I was not sure if the other party has to import the XML again.

I will also check the site you kindly suggested.

Merci beaucoup encore!

[Edited at 2008-04-15 18:48]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm files to share

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »