Last letter of new segments goes missing
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 17, 2008

Here is another of the many Trados peculiarities that seems to be popping up a lot again recently: Trados adds segments as new segments that actually were in the TM already, but it cuts off the last letter of the last word.
It seems to affect mainly single-word segments, perhaps because they are repeated moreoften.

This happens only when I allow multiple translations for identical source segments.

Annoyingly, the 'new' segment, the one with the last letter cut off, is usually offered as the first option, so I can't depend on Trados to automatically translate anything anymore.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and possibly found a solution?

I use Trados 2007 with Office 2003 and Win XP, but I remember seeing this in earlier versions of Trados as well.

Much obliged.

- Marinus

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Importing causes it Aug 16, 2008

I found out why this happens. If I import a TM into another existing TM, Trados cuts off the last letter of every segment that was already there. It's a software bug.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Last letter of new segments goes missing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search