Marion Delarue
Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:35
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 18, 2008

Hello!
I would like to use a glossary in my TM, it is possible isn´t it?
How do I do
Thank you

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:35
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use Multiterm Apr 18, 2008

TM is not for glossaries. You have to create a multiterm database.
Regards
Heinrich

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Come on! Apr 18, 2008

Dear Marion,

I know this is going to sound harsh, but this is the twelfth basic question you have asked in this forum since April 15; that's three per day, not counting the further questions you have asked upon receiving initial answers.

Three times you have been pointed to the Help file/documentation that comes with the Trados package. You could have also done a forum search, because most of your questions have been asked many times before.

I am not a mode
... See more
Dear Marion,

I know this is going to sound harsh, but this is the twelfth basic question you have asked in this forum since April 15; that's three per day, not counting the further questions you have asked upon receiving initial answers.

Three times you have been pointed to the Help file/documentation that comes with the Trados package. You could have also done a forum search, because most of your questions have been asked many times before.

I am not a moderator, and perhaps I should not be saying this (sorry Ralph!).
But come on, read your documentation, read the forums. Do your homework, please.
You yourself will benefit most from it.

Good luck,
Margreet
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:35
English to Spanish
Amen, Margreet Apr 19, 2008

Kudoz to you for having the courage to say so. And that applies to others that prefer to not read as well. The documentation is good, one has only to read, and read again (preferrably before accepting a job?) to find the way to do things, and the answer to many questions. Then one will be left with those issues only experts (Ralph, Jerry, Vito) can sort out, and they will gladly help. But we all must show some responsibility first, and do our homework. For our own good.

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks, Luisa Apr 21, 2008

I just had to get that off my chest.

Thanks Luisa, for your support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I do to enter a glossary in the TM? Tag Editor /

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »