Trados 7.0 in Word: How can the translated source text be made visible?
Thread poster: Jonas_Je
Jonas_Je
Local time: 03:35
English to German
+ ...
Apr 20, 2008

Hi!

I just have one question which won't be difficult in the view of most of you. I am using Trados 7.0 for translating in Microsoft Word. After a reinstallation, a problem occurs - the source texts of already translated units isn't visible. That means that I can just see the already translated text in the target language instead of both versions which would make it much easier to compare the source and the target units. Is there any option in Word or how can I change this?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Search the forum for "hidden text" Apr 20, 2008

Hi Jonas,
This is a Word setting that has been discussed many times in the forum - search for "hidden text".

HTH, Ralf

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Word Menu Apr 21, 2008

In the Word menu bar go to Tools > Options > View tab and make sure the "Show hidden text" checkbox is checked.

Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
See attached image Apr 21, 2008

Word has its problems with hidden text sometimes, though. While mostly it is enough to click this button, on a few occasions however you have to follow the aforementioned instructions and enable it in the menus.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.0 in Word: How can the translated source text be made visible?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search