Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor 8.0 Help
Thread poster: Heidi Lind

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:00
English to German
+ ...
Apr 24, 2008

I upgraded Trados Wormbench/TagEditor 8.0. Unfortunately it was not compatible with the new Word version so I had to install Word 2003 for which I cannot find the proofing tools (German) anywhere. I am trying to use the installed spell check Wintertree with TagEditor and have created and specified a custom dictionary in plain text format. However, the words do not get added when I click add (which is annoying because it keeps bringing up the same words). Does anyone know a solution to that?

Sandra de Pablo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:00
German to Spanish
+ ...
Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor - Add words to custom dictionary Nov 7, 2013

Looking at the date of your post, this probably comes too late for you, but I'm posting it because I arrived here looking for a solution to the same problem, and maybe it can help others.

It seems that before adding a new word to your custom dictionary, you have to set up a custom dictionary. The one that appears by default in the window Custom dictionaries didn't work for me.
So I created a txt file and added it to the custom dictionaries list (In the spellschecker suggestion window: "Options..." > Tab "Custom Dictionaries" > Button "Add...", and once your file appears on the list, "Set as default"). It did work for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor 8.0 Help

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search