Thread poster: Marion Delarue

Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:50
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 25, 2008

Hello,

I´ve nearly finished my translation. I´ve read that the spelling corrector in Tag Edtor is not very good. I thought to convert it into word format pass it through the corrector and put it back to Tag Editor. Is it possible, and how?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:50
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
Spellcheck in TagEditor... Apr 25, 2008

... is as good as your spell checker in Word. You do not mention the original file format you are working on, but if it is word, you could clean the file and run spell check afterwards.

Even so, I have found that I cannot only rely on the spell checker function, as there are words that may be typed wrongly, be correct in whatever language, but be totally wrong the the specific text; it is therefore better to go through the file (cleaned, bilingual, whatever) with a fine tooth comb and check "manually" so to speak, or entrust it to a proofreader.

Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:50
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"spelling corrector - Tag Editor 7." Apr 27, 2008

Thank you for your answer!

I do check it myself as well, but the spelling corrector is good to correct things you didn´t see for exemple (some accents e.g., and there is a lot in French!)

Anyway, if I read the instructions to spellcheck my file, I have to be in bilingual Edit tab and then press F7...
well it doesn´t work

what should I thank youdo?

[Modifié le 2008-04-27 09:31]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spelling corrector - Tag Editor 7.

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search