For Spanish translators: Does anyone know how to set "Comillas tipográficas" in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:53
English to Spanish
Apr 28, 2008

Hi dear colleagues,

I´m trying to set TagEditor to automatically type "comillas tipográficas" (the curved ones) instead of the straight ones, with no luck. Copy/Pasting is proving a most boring chore, believe.
I have changed the option in Word, it does work there, but with no effect under TagEditor... for some reason I thought that changing it in Word would have had any effect under TagEditor, but I was being optimistic.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

Thanks in advance for any help, people.

Cheers,
I

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Create your own keyboard layout Apr 28, 2008

Iván Madrigal wrote:

I´m trying to set TagEditor to automatically type "comillas tipográficas" (the curved ones) instead of the straight ones, with no luck. Copy/Pasting is proving a most boring chore, believe.
I have changed the option in Word, it does work there, but with no effect under TagEditor... for some reason I thought that changing it in Word would have had any effect under TagEditor, but I was being optimistic.

Yep.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

Open Google, then type "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator".
Download and create your own keyboard layout.

Cheers
GG

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Or use US(International) layout Apr 29, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US-International

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions, guys Apr 29, 2008

But I do use both the Traditional Spanish keyboard layout and the US English keyboard layout, depending on what language I am writing.

The thing is that in most programs, when entering inverted commas in Spanish, I get the ones I'm after, (“ ”), but in TagEditor I get the straight ones, (" "). No matter what keyboard layout I'm using.

This might sound irrelevant in most cases, but in some projects I'm specifically instructed to use this type of commas, therefore my inquiry.

I know I can do a search/replace in the final document, but I'd rather do it the right way from teh beginning than relying on postprocessing...

Thanks for the thought, though.

Any more ideas?

Thanks people!
I

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
For now I'm using the AutoText function Apr 29, 2008

Hi guys,

Just to let you know how I'm getting by, to get out of this situation, I have set up the two Spanish inverted commas in the AutoText function of TagEditor, and I'm adding them individually when necessary.

If anyone can think of a more direct input method, I'm all ears

Bests,
I

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For Spanish translators: Does anyone know how to set "Comillas tipográficas" in TagEditor?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search