For Spanish translators: Does anyone know how to set "Comillas tipográficas" in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal (X)

Iván Madrigal (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:14
English to Spanish
Apr 28, 2008

Hi dear colleagues,

I´m trying to set TagEditor to automatically type "comillas tipográficas" (the curved ones) instead of the straight ones, with no luck. Copy/Pasting is proving a most boring chore, believe.
I have changed the option in Word, it does work there, but with no effect under TagEditor... for some reason I thought that changing it in Word would have had any effect under TagEditor, but I was being optimistic.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

Thanks in advance for any help, people.

Cheers,
I

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Create your own keyboard layout Apr 28, 2008

Iván Madrigal wrote:

I´m trying to set TagEditor to automatically type "comillas tipográficas" (the curved ones) instead of the straight ones, with no luck. Copy/Pasting is proving a most boring chore, believe.
I have changed the option in Word, it does work there, but with no effect under TagEditor... for some reason I thought that changing it in Word would have had any effect under TagEditor, but I was being optimistic.

Yep.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

Open Google, then type "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator".
Download and create your own keyboard layout.

Cheers
GG

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:14
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Or use US(International) layout Apr 29, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US-International

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions, guys Apr 29, 2008

But I do use both the Traditional Spanish keyboard layout and the US English keyboard layout, depending on what language I am writing.

The thing is that in most programs, when entering inverted commas in Spanish, I get the ones I'm after, (“ ”), but in TagEditor I get the straight ones, (" "). No matter what keyboard layout I'm using.

This might sound irrelevant in most cases, but in some projects I'm specifically instructed to use this type of commas, therefore my inquiry.

I know I can do a search/replace in the final document, but I'd rather do it the right way from teh beginning than relying on postprocessing...

Thanks for the thought, though.

Any more ideas?

Thanks people!
I

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
For now I'm using the AutoText function Apr 29, 2008

Hi guys,

Just to let you know how I'm getting by, to get out of this situation, I have set up the two Spanish inverted commas in the AutoText function of TagEditor, and I'm adding them individually when necessary.

If anyone can think of a more direct input method, I'm all earsicon_wink.gif

Bests,
I

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For Spanish translators: Does anyone know how to set "Comillas tipográficas" in TagEditor?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search