File Menu: Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise unavailable in SDL Trados Workbench 2007?
Thread poster: Jon Hedemann

Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 17:57
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 29, 2008

I have the menu items Setup, Import, Export, and Reorganise dimmed/unavailable in the File menu in SDL Trados Workbench 2007...
Does anyone know why?

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
3 possibilities Apr 30, 2008

Hi Jon,

I can only see three reasons why they should be dimmed:
- no TM is opened: this is the most obvious one, but since I have no idea of your level of knowledge in Trados, I feel I have to point it out. No offence meant
- You did not open the current TM in exclusive mode: you have the enable the corrresponding check box in the Open TM dialog before selecting the TM
- You don't have any editing rights on the TM. This the client sets up and there is nothing you can do about it.

Have a nice day!

Annelise

Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That little checkbox did it Apr 30, 2008

Yup, that little "Exclusive" checkbox did it. To think that it would be that easy...

You just made my day! Thank you soooooo much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Menu: Setup/Import/Export/Reorganise unavailable in SDL Trados Workbench 2007?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search