Gabrielle Sedita
Gabrielle Sedita  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:17
English to French
+ ...
May 2, 2008

Hi there,

I haven't changed anything in my file locations, yet segments erratically will not open from one sentence to the next within the same document, with the following message: "system cannot find the file specified". Has anyone found a miraculous solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
gabrielle

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
what I would do ... May 3, 2008

I haven't changed anything in my file locations, yet segments erratically will not open from one sentence to the next within the same document, with the following message: "system cannot find the file specified".

Does it happen for every segment? Or just some (erratically meaning...?)? If just for some, is it pretranslated segments? Empty segments?
What happens if you pretranslate in TWB?
What happens if you select a different / no MultiTerm terminology?

regards and thumbs up

Vito

Gabrielle Sedita
Gabrielle Sedita  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some answers May 3, 2008

Thanks for your interest, Vito.

Yes, erratically meaning that just some segments are touched with this Trados disease and don't open, with no apparent logic. No pretranslated segments, just fresh, never worked on before Word docs. I've now had this with a variety of clients and documents. I've never pretranslated, actually, but will try that. And I have not selected any MultiTerm terminology (that's another issue altogether, I've never managed to get MT to work).

I hope
... See more
Thanks for your interest, Vito.

Yes, erratically meaning that just some segments are touched with this Trados disease and don't open, with no apparent logic. No pretranslated segments, just fresh, never worked on before Word docs. I've now had this with a variety of clients and documents. I've never pretranslated, actually, but will try that. And I have not selected any MultiTerm terminology (that's another issue altogether, I've never managed to get MT to work).

I hope this helps you give me some more leads...
All best,
Gabrielle
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

system cannot find the file specified

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »