SDLX 2007 crashes while importing RHX5 HTML files
Thread poster: writec

writec
Italy
Local time: 14:29
English to Italian
+ ...
May 7, 2008

I was using SLDX 4.2.1 since years without problems importing these Robohelp X5 HTML files.
I upgraded to SDLX Trados 2007 SP2 and I used the project Wizard as usual to import the files.
In Filter Option I add ALT, MAP and TITLE tag.+allowed overlap. I set the maximun amout to 300 (files are 210), I deselect any AutoMatch (Option tab), as suggested in a SDL knowledge base, and no TM.
I've got several crashes of the product in the gluing file phase. I was not able to run again the wizard because for SLDX the wizard was already running. I had to restart the computer after each error.

Error report is not very clear.. drwtsn32.exe and event type BEX.
And it was not clear the reason of the crashes. Some time the import of the same group of files didn't worked, some times did.
I solved this during a weekend just separating files in groupd of 20-30 and trying more times...

At the moment I've repeated the operation, but no error at all. I'm scarred about next translation project and I wonder to know if someone else has experienced the same problem.
Thank you, Vilma

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Which filter did you use? May 8, 2008

Vilma Zamboli wrote:

In Filter Option I add ALT, MAP and TITLE tag.+allowed overlap....
At the moment I've repeated the operation, but no error at all. I'm scarred about next translation project and I wonder to know if someone else has experienced the same problem.
Thank you, Vilma

Hi Vilma,

Which filter did you use? I know that the Web based formats filter is more fault tolerant than the HTML filter, in other words it is more likely to accept files with errors in structure and tags, while the HTML filter is stricter.

Hope this helps.

Piotr

writec
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Web-based filter splits segments in more striclty way May 8, 2008

Hello Piotr,
with the previous SDLX version, I used normally "HTML (Web pages)", lauching an align first, that gave me eventually mismatch in tags.
I was used to remove manually the tags and then importing the file without problems.
For this reason, when I moved to SDLX Trados 2007 I used the same filter.

But in this case the problem was that sometime worked and some time not. I tried even shorting the names of the folders because it seems to me that folder names too long gave problems..

Actually the files are clean, in the meaning that with 4.2.1 they give no problem at all.
Now I've tried with the filter you suggested, on few pages, but I've obtained quite all fuzzy segments... and the segment breaks are terrible. I've checked into the code and, I think, the cause could be the dirty HTML code of Robohelp.

Example:
(here I tried to copy-paste the HTML code but it will not show as expected)

With the HTML filter I can see the segment:
segment 1="Scegliere la fascia oraria in cui l'attività verrà abilitata"
that means the full sentence until the carriage return

While with Web-based I see:
segment 1="Scegliere la fascia oraria in cui l'attività verrà"
segment 2="abilitata"
There was some "kadov" tags + nbsp character in the middle andh the filter identified them as a line break.

It seems that I have to go on with the HTML filter, at least until I will upgrade Robohelp!!

---I've tried to check "Replace carriage return with a space" and the segment breaks are correct now. But quite all segments are fuzzy, and of course there are some formatting to adjustt.
A suggestion: Do you suggest me to continue with SDLX to translate HTML files or it's better that I learn Trados??

[Edited at 2008-05-08 17:24]

[Edited at 2008-05-08 17:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 crashes while importing RHX5 HTML files

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search