Unwanted spaces when using Trados
Thread poster: Niels Stephan
Niels Stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:12
Member (2009)
English to German
May 9, 2008

Well, this might not be a Trados problem, but I encounter it in Trados.
I type my translation into the field, I'm not happy with it, I edit, delete, replace ... and in like 50% of all segments end up with one ore more excess spaces at the end of the segment, _which I do not see_. When I clean up my document, I have random spaces between sentences all over the document and have to run a 'replace double space with single space' search over the whole document. It is manageable, but annoying.

Am I the only one who experiences this? Did anyone find a solution for that? (And no, displaying those weird signs for soaces in word might look like a solution, but it is just a whole differtent level of being annoying.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-09 19:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:12
French to English
I do experience this May 9, 2008

I don't know if it is me or Wordfast, but I definitely see more of this when I translate with CAT than without. I just keep my grammar check enabled, it catches this stuff as I spell check. I know a lot of people disable grammar check, since it gets funny ideas sometimes, but it is good for this sort of thing. It also catches those times I do a global replace of an initial vowel word with an initial consonant word and forget to change an to a, or vice-versa. You can always ignore its dumber suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unwanted spaces when using Trados

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search