Thread poster: Alan Lambson
Alan Lambson
Alan Lambson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:20
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 22, 2008

I have Trados Workbench 2007, Build 820, and want to upgrade to Service Pack 2. However, I can't find any download on the TranslationZone that will upgrade from this Build. They all tell me that they will upgrade only from Build 822.

This even happened when I downloaded the monstrous 391 MB "full" version: SDL Trados2007_FL_SP2_835.exe: "sorry, you need to have build 822 on your machine."

I'm hoping someone here can help, as I don't want to venture into the morass of Tr
... See more
I have Trados Workbench 2007, Build 820, and want to upgrade to Service Pack 2. However, I can't find any download on the TranslationZone that will upgrade from this Build. They all tell me that they will upgrade only from Build 822.

This even happened when I downloaded the monstrous 391 MB "full" version: SDL Trados2007_FL_SP2_835.exe: "sorry, you need to have build 822 on your machine."

I'm hoping someone here can help, as I don't want to venture into the morass of Trados customer support.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
French to Polish
+ ...
Full install needed... May 23, 2008

Alan Lambson wrote:

Download and read the readme before you start the installation...

You can't use the installer for SDL Trados 2007 SP2 to update SDL Trados 2007 build 820 'cause SDL changed the installation software.
You must first uninstall all your SDL Trados 2007 stuff.

http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1375.

BTW.
Don't uninstall Multiterm.

I'm hoping someone here can help, as I don't want to venture into the morass of Trados customer support.

You have a chance for a moment
But I hope the MT/SDLT interoperation will not be broken on your machine.

The MT upgrade may be complicated because the Java build was changed (1.5.0.12)
As the SDL programmers are unable to install and configure properly their Java stuff, you should uninstall all the newer Java builds, otherwise some MT components may not work.
You should leave the 1.5.0.10 provided with SDLT 2007.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot find an upgrade file from Trados Workbench 7 Build 820

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »