https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/105350-sdlx_2007_how_can_i_open_2_tms_for_one_itd.html

SDLX 2007: How can I open 2 TMs for one ITD?
Thread poster: Janina Dörnath (X)
Janina Dörnath (X)
Janina Dörnath (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:02
English to German
+ ...
May 23, 2008

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if and how I can open and work with two TMs at the same time on one SDLX ITD.
I use SDLX 2007 Freelance.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Janina

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:02
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, you can May 23, 2008

Hello Janina,

yes, you can open as many as you want and also set how you want to use them: "Lookup", "Update" and/or "Concordance".

Once you are in the "Edit" module simply click on the "Configure Multiple TMs" symbol (mouse over and you'll see it), the window TM selector will pop up, click on add and choose then either desktop or remote TM and then add your TM(s). Once you have all displayed, tick all what you need it/them do (lookup, update, concordance).

... See more
Hello Janina,

yes, you can open as many as you want and also set how you want to use them: "Lookup", "Update" and/or "Concordance".

Once you are in the "Edit" module simply click on the "Configure Multiple TMs" symbol (mouse over and you'll see it), the window TM selector will pop up, click on add and choose then either desktop or remote TM and then add your TM(s). Once you have all displayed, tick all what you need it/them do (lookup, update, concordance).

Giuliana
Collapse

Janina Dörnath (X)
Janina Dörnath (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:02
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
First had to enable multiple TM usage May 23, 2008

Hi Giuliana,

thanks for your quick answer. However, it didn't work out straight away, as I first had to enable multiple TM usage in the Options menu. I kept searching and reading the SDLX Help. Now, finally I found it
My probelm was that the 'Configure...' option was shown in grey all the time.
So, to everyone who has the same problem: Select Options, Translation Memory, and tick the Enble multiple TM usage
... See more
Hi Giuliana,

thanks for your quick answer. However, it didn't work out straight away, as I first had to enable multiple TM usage in the Options menu. I kept searching and reading the SDLX Help. Now, finally I found it
My probelm was that the 'Configure...' option was shown in grey all the time.
So, to everyone who has the same problem: Select Options, Translation Memory, and tick the Enble multiple TM usage box.

Kind regards
Janina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007: How can I open 2 TMs for one ITD?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »