Thread poster: Cristina Cajoto
Cristina Cajoto
Cristina Cajoto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 23, 2008

Hello.

I have problems opening some .itd files with TagEditor 7.0. I have been reading previous posts, but could not find anything that really helped me.

I have been sent some .itd files. The client says that they can be translated using TagEditor. I have tried to open them, but the program says that the type of file cannot be recognised. I have TagEditor 7.0, can the version have anything to do with this problem? If my version works with these types of files, should I
... See more
Hello.

I have problems opening some .itd files with TagEditor 7.0. I have been reading previous posts, but could not find anything that really helped me.

I have been sent some .itd files. The client says that they can be translated using TagEditor. I have tried to open them, but the program says that the type of file cannot be recognised. I have TagEditor 7.0, can the version have anything to do with this problem? If my version works with these types of files, should I do anything before going to "open file" and select my .itd files?

I'd really appreciate your help, as the client won't be back in the office until Monday and I was planning on working this weekend...

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Cristina.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
In theory, it should work... May 23, 2008

Cristina Cajoto wrote:

I have been sent some .itd files. The client says that they can be translated using TagEditor.

It's true, but it depends of the TagEditor version.
The oldest I have installed is 7.1 and it works.
In 6.x, it was impossible.
I simply don't remember how it works for 7.0.

I have tried to open them, but the program says that the type of file cannot be recognised. I have TagEditor 7.0, can the version have anything to do with this problem?

Even if the SDLX format is rather backward compatible (I manage to open SDLX 2007 files in SDLX 2005 although the source file type is not supported in SDLX 2005), the Tag Editor version may be your problem.
If your TagEditor supports itd files and you have SDLX installed, you should be able to open these files.
If not, you should ask a friend to convert these files for you.

If my version works with these types of files, should I do anything before going to "open file" and select my .itd files?

E. g. try to go to SDLX, then use SDL Exchange in order to convert your files to TTX.

I'd really appreciate your help, as the client won't be back in the office until Monday and I was planning on working this weekend...

Espero poder ajudar...

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2008-05-24 06:57]

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 04:21
English to Spanish
Here. May 24, 2008

Open the ".itd" file.

On the SDLX menu:

FILE > Trados > Export to TRADOSTag TTX format. That's it. (A TTX file will be created.)

When translation is completed on the TTX (this is TagEditor), or from time to time, "Save as" the .itd file. Open your itd file, it will be translated now. You'll just need to Confirm translation.

Saludos.

Cristina Cajoto
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try to download SDLX May 24, 2008

Thank you Grzegorz and Tadzio for your help.

Unfortunately, I don't have SDLX to convert these files into TTX, but I'll try to download the trial version (I think there is one).

Regards,

Cristina.

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 04:21
English to Spanish
Download May 25, 2008

You may download SDLX Lite from here:

SDLX 2007 Lite

Cristina Cajoto
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't open the files with SDLX Lite either May 25, 2008

I've read in other posts that SDLX Lite only works with files created by SDLX Elite, which apparently is not the case of mine.

Anyway, I have finally decided to wait and talk to the agency.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Cristina.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Lite enabled ITD May 28, 2008

Hi, you can't because your ITDs are probably not Lite-enabled. They must be created with SDLX Professional to be Lite-enabled.
Anyway, if you're using Trados 7, you should have SDLX Standard as well, unless you're using a cracked version.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
SDLX Elite... May 28, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi, you can't because your ITDs are probably not Lite-enabled. They must be created with SDLX Professional to be Lite-enabled.

Wrong.
You need SDLX Elite.
Now, it's available only as upgrade.

Anyway, if you're using Trados 7, you should have SDLX Standard as well, unless you're using a cracked version.

Simply, I don't remember the exact moment of the switch.
I think it was rather 7.1.
But I liked it very much, my SDLX and Trados licences were multiplied by two

Cheers
GG

Cristina Cajoto
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 29, 2008

Thank you for your help.

I knew about the problem with SDLX Lite not being able to open all SDLX files, but anyway I wanted to try if it could open mine.

I spoke to the agency and the problem is now solved.

Regards,

Cristina.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
You're right May 29, 2008

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Wrong.
You need SDLX Elite.

GG

Yeah, you're right. My bad...

Elmurod R
Elmurod R  Identity Verified
Uzbekistan
Local time: 15:21
English to Russian
+ ...
need help either with converting itd file to ttx Dec 7, 2013

can someone help with converting an itd file to ttx?

Thanks in advance.

Elmurod

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.itd files in TagEditor 7.0

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »