Multiterm Import Model - default content?
Thread poster: Isabel Lindinger

Isabel Lindinger  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 10:51
French to German
+ ...
May 27, 2008

Hi everybody,

I just upgraded from SDL Trados Freelance 2006 to 2007 ( Multiterm 2007 on Windows Vista) and now I'm having problems defining default content for text fields in Import Models.

Theoretically it should work (Import Model Wizard, step 2 select field, enter default content), but the content is not taken into account:
1) When I select another field in the entry structure in order to define default content for another field, the previous default content stays in the box
2) The default content is not visible in the preview
3) And, most importantly it does not appear in the entry structure when I want to add terms with this import model

So I tried to go back to my old PC, I copied an .xmd file and loaded the import model in a termbase on the new Pc - this works fine, all the default content appears ... BUT the xmd file cannot be edited anymore (default content box is greyed out and not accessible) in Multiterm 2007...

Has anybody had the same problem? or an explanation for this bug?

Thank you!

Isabel

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Import Model - default content?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search