Compatibility between Trados Freelance 7 and Office 2007
Thread poster: Sylvio Kauffmann

Sylvio Kauffmann  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:38
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 1, 2008

I would like to know if there is any incompatibility between Trados Freelance 7 and Office 2007. I have just intalled the new MS Suite in my computer and when trying to open a segment in MS Word an error message displace in the Trados Workbench saying that "end of paragraph not found". Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

As the talisma.sdl.com apparently is not online I don't know where to get support.

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados 7 and Office 2007 are not compatible Jun 1, 2008

Sylvio Kauffmann wrote:

I would like to know if there is any incompatibility between Trados Freelance 7 and Office 2007. I have just intalled the new MS Suite in my computer and when trying to open a segment in MS Word an error message displace in the Trados Workbench saying that "end of paragraph not found". Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

As the talisma.sdl.com apparently is not online I don't know where to get support.

Unfortunately, they are not compatible.

TRADOS 7 was released before Office 2007.

Daniel

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
"End of paragraph not found" error message Jun 1, 2008

Hi Sylvio

This error message is relatively common. Because of formatting quirks in a Word document or simply because there is a field at the end of the next segment, Trados does not find the end of that segment. Try a little further down in the document in a 'normal' sentence.
Index fields (appear grey when you click on them) are linked to words or sentences elsewhere in the document. You can only edit the 'original' word or segment, not the link, so you may have to translate the sentence with a field in it by hand.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility between Trados Freelance 7 and Office 2007

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search