Imre Szabó  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 01:38
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 4, 2008

Hello,

I would really appreciate your help in solving the following problem:

After translating an English PPT file into Hungarian using TagEditor I've converted the ttx back to its original format but the special Hungarian characters "ő" and "ű" changed their style to Times New Roman instead of Arial, which was the original character style of the PPT file. Furthermore, these characters can't be changed back to Arial at all even in PowerPoint, they just remain as they are.

I use the 2003 SP3 version of PowerPoint, and I tried to convert the ttx file form both the Trados Synergy interface and from TagEditor itself with the same results, except for a minor difference in file size.

Thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
The problem lies in PowerPoint Jun 4, 2008

Unfortunately, it seems to be PowerPoint problem (2003 and older versions) – opening the same file in OpenOffice or in Office 2007 will give the proper results.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
The same problem Jun 4, 2008

Hi all,
I'm having the same problem. Tried to set up the fonts within TM settings but to no avail. It may well be Powerpoint-related problem, but I haven't found any solution to it yet. And I've been struggling with it long enough, believe me...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 SP2 changes Hungarian characters' style to Times New Roman in PPT

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search