Hungary
Local time: 01:56
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 4, 2008

Hello,

I would really appreciate your help in solving the following problem:

After translating an English PPT file into Hungarian using TagEditor I've converted the ttx back to its original format but the special Hungarian characters "ő" and "ű" changed their style to Times New Roman instead of Arial, which was the original character style of the PPT file. Furthermore, these characters can't be changed back to Arial at all even in PowerPoint, they just remain as they
... See more
Hello,

I would really appreciate your help in solving the following problem:

After translating an English PPT file into Hungarian using TagEditor I've converted the ttx back to its original format but the special Hungarian characters "ő" and "ű" changed their style to Times New Roman instead of Arial, which was the original character style of the PPT file. Furthermore, these characters can't be changed back to Arial at all even in PowerPoint, they just remain as they are.

I use the 2003 SP3 version of PowerPoint, and I tried to convert the ttx file form both the Trados Synergy interface and from TagEditor itself with the same results, except for a minor difference in file size.

Thanx
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
The problem lies in PowerPoint Jun 4, 2008

Unfortunately, it seems to be PowerPoint problem (2003 and older versions) – opening the same file in OpenOffice or in Office 2007 will give the proper results.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
The same problem Jun 4, 2008

Hi all,
I'm having the same problem. Tried to set up the fonts within TM settings but to no avail. It may well be Powerpoint-related problem, but I haven't found any solution to it yet. And I've been struggling with it long enough, believe me...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 SP2 changes Hungarian characters' style to Times New Roman in PPT

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »