Thread poster: xxxalexandraroc
xxxalexandraroc
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:37
English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2008

Dear colleagues

I've got a task here that I need to apply the TM to tagged .rtf file. The file received from the engineer had no links, jumps or popups but after I applied the TM to it those were created.

The Engineer prepped the rtf so that it would be quite easy to work with in Workbench, and yet the result was different.

To simply copy them from the source segment into the target using the TM does create these? Is there any other way of doing it?

Thank you in advance

Alexandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:37
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please explain... Jun 9, 2008

...did you or did you not want the extra links/popups to be added to the new RTF file?

xxxalexandraroc
United Kingdom
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Help compilation - TM Jun 9, 2008

The files have to be free of links, jumps or popups, I only need to copy and paste the TM.

/r/

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Do you think it's possible to prepare the Help RTF files in this way? Jun 9, 2008

I guess it's impossible to prepare Help RTF files with no links, jumps and popups. The information about the phrases that will be displayed as link will be lost and I don't think putting that information back manually is a wise path for translating RTF Help files.

xxxalexandraroc
United Kingdom
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
further description - content Jun 9, 2008

This a previous project that I worked and the client is re-compiling the Help a software program so all 270,000 words will need to be re-translated in a new format so they can be compiled.

The client has made many changes to the TM and I have to re-translate the materials using the TM. The content is 99% the same as last time.

There are 838 html files and the engineer has converted the html files to .rtf for translation and then will convert back to html for compilation.

Basically, what is required is to copy and paste the TM to these files free of links, jumps or popups, etc

/r/

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
OK, so this is HTML Help, not RTF Help Jun 9, 2008

I guess there is a problem with HTML > RTF conversion. It might be incompatible with TM created during translation of HTML files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help compilation - apply TM to tagged .rtf file

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search