Multiterm pane in TB showing source text and name of termbase, instead of target text
Thread poster: Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
Local time: 10:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 10, 2008

Hello Everybody,

I am new with MT (v. 7, build 615), I use TWB (v.7 build 320) and when there is a matching term in my text, the MT window shows the word in the termbase (an English word) and the name of the termbase, but not the equivalent, as appears in MultiTerm directly (it is a bilingual file with English and Spanish terms).

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you very much,

Verdeflor

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:14
English to Czech
+ ...
Asking for advice on the obvious... Jun 11, 2008

Hi Verdeflor, I mean no offence, nor do I want to sound arrogant, but allow me to post one personal remark please: you should invest at least some of your time in studying at least some of the most obvious things and functions in the manuals before you start using the software. If you buy a plasma TV, I suppose you don't start tuning channels without having referred to the manual, at least very briefly. And it's basically the same with a complex piece of software such as Trados.
I don't me
... See more
Hi Verdeflor, I mean no offence, nor do I want to sound arrogant, but allow me to post one personal remark please: you should invest at least some of your time in studying at least some of the most obvious things and functions in the manuals before you start using the software. If you buy a plasma TV, I suppose you don't start tuning channels without having referred to the manual, at least very briefly. And it's basically the same with a complex piece of software such as Trados.
I don't mean to discourage you from asking questions though; that's what this forum is for and about.

Anyway, in TW go to "Options > Term Recogintion Options" and swap the source and target languages.

Best regards,

Stanislav
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm pane in TB showing source text and name of termbase, instead of target text

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »