Thread poster: Evgueni Terekhin

Evgueni Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:30
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 13, 2008

Can anyone please advise how to get the source text boxes back on the screen? I have no idea what happened. I restarted my Word and they disappeared. (there had popped up a question about macros).

Thank you!
Evgueni

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:30
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Macro have to be set on low/middle "security" Jun 13, 2008

Hello Evgueni,

try either this (or what follows): it depends on your settings, but you should be able to see a sort of "P" among all MSWord icons (the "character" you normally see in the document at the end of each paragraph, if all characters are set to visible). Click on it to view all characters. Another way to come to the same result: Tool - Option and then tick on show all characters (or signs - sorry, my sys is in German, don't know the exact MSWord definitions)

As you mention macro, you have to set the (document) security on "middle" when prompted, otherwise Trados won't "work". Put it a very simple way, Trados is a macro.

Giuliana

Evgueni Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:30
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 13, 2008

thank you very much! I can see the source text now. My macro security was on the middle. Don't know what happened. Well, I see the sourse text but it's filled up with charachters and there're no boxes or backgroud color. Weird. But thank you anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source text boxes dissapeared in Trados Workbench

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search