Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:48
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 25, 2008

Hi all,

I am already the owner of an SDL TRADOS 2007 SP2 Freelance license but I'd like to take advantage of the current offer posted on proz.com to buy the CCM package (to get MT Extract) and transfer my current license to my sister who is starting in the field.
Anyone with this kind of experience or knowledgeable enough with the flexible license system to give me an answer as to how easy it is to do this/to proceed?

Thanks,

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:18
English to Swedish
Not possible to transfer license Jun 25, 2008

Hi,

This has been discussed before and I don't think you can transfer the license.

See
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/99509-how_to_sell_sdl_trados_2007_freelance.html#809332

Åsa

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:48
English to Czech
+ ...
Not possible, but Jun 25, 2008

Your sister can buy the CCM package and you can simply exchange your licence numbers.

[Upraveno: 2008-06-25 06:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS license exchange

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »