Maria L
Maria L  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 26, 2008

Hi there
I hope anybody can help me with this I'm desperate.
Since I updated to Trados 8 freelance my workbench crashes every time I do a concordance search while working with tagged files.
Neither the preview nor the tag/term verifiers work in TagEditor anymore (which is not quite as bad as my first problem).
The friendly Trados stuff refuse to help me as I don't have a service contract.
Any solutions?
Thank you...
See more
Hi there
I hope anybody can help me with this I'm desperate.
Since I updated to Trados 8 freelance my workbench crashes every time I do a concordance search while working with tagged files.
Neither the preview nor the tag/term verifiers work in TagEditor anymore (which is not quite as bad as my first problem).
The friendly Trados stuff refuse to help me as I don't have a service contract.
Any solutions?
Thank you
Maria

[Edited at 2008-06-26 18:25]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:13
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados Knowledgebase Jun 27, 2008

1. Check update at Trados Knowledgebase, a supporting website of SDL Trados to download patches.
2. Reorganize Workbench TM before using it again.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try with a blank TM... Jun 27, 2008

Hello Maria,

Is the problem with a specific Translation Memory (TM)?

Please try exporting your Translation Units (TU) into a txt file. Open a new TM and then import the TU's. Please try the concordance again.

If this does not help then please create a blank TM and insert one segment and try again.

We are testing to see if the problem is with the TM, a particular TU, or the software.

Also, because you have upgraded, I advise you to
... See more
Hello Maria,

Is the problem with a specific Translation Memory (TM)?

Please try exporting your Translation Units (TU) into a txt file. Open a new TM and then import the TU's. Please try the concordance again.

If this does not help then please create a blank TM and insert one segment and try again.

We are testing to see if the problem is with the TM, a particular TU, or the software.

Also, because you have upgraded, I advise you to register your new SDL Trados 2007 files to Windows by doing the following:

Please go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and then run the "Register SDL Trados 2007” .bat file. If you are using Windows Vista then you will need to right click on "Register SDL Trados 2007" and select "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
Collapse

Maria L
Maria L  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried it all Jun 27, 2008

Hi
Thank you for your replies.
Unfortunately they don't really help me.
This is what I have done so far:
Uninstalled all Trados applications, reinstalled Trados 8. Registered Trados 8 running the license routine. Created new term-bases.
I thought I had found a workaround, exporting the tagged files to word but no, after a couple of concordance searches the work bench crashes, again and again and again.
The TM is quite huge, but so is he project, a new TM won't
... See more
Hi
Thank you for your replies.
Unfortunately they don't really help me.
This is what I have done so far:
Uninstalled all Trados applications, reinstalled Trados 8. Registered Trados 8 running the license routine. Created new term-bases.
I thought I had found a workaround, exporting the tagged files to word but no, after a couple of concordance searches the work bench crashes, again and again and again.
The TM is quite huge, but so is he project, a new TM won't help me, still I have tried that (exporting and importing) too.
I have had the problem for a while now and it seems to get worse. I could solve the problem for my last project by installing Trados 6 , I guess the tagged files were saved with an older version. But in Trados 6 the spellchecker does not work and besides this is not what I bought Trados 8 for.
My recent project is not saved with an old version though.
Grateful for further suggestions

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 8 workbench crashes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »