Thread poster: Simon Kramer

Simon Kramer  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:14
Member (2007)
English to German
Jul 3, 2008

Hi all.

After trying Trados I decided to buy the package and after installing everything regularly I wanted to perform an analysis with Workbench of a project I'm working on. After opening the Analyze-window and clicking on the Add-button an error message pops up at the bottom of the window with the following message: (-2147467259): Filter definitions file C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Dati applicazioni/SDL...

I think it's a quite common problem, but after searching the internet for quite a while I still didn't find any detailed help. I understood that either the path isn't right or the Filter folder is missing, but as far as I saw, the folder is somewhere on the PC.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem.
TIA
Simo.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Knowledge Base... Jul 3, 2008

Hello Simon,

We have an article within the SDL Knowledge Base which can help you fix this problem. Please visit http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1
and follow the instructions.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

Italy
Member (2007)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
reinstalled Jul 3, 2008

Hi, Gareth

After reinstalling everything now I can add the files I'd like to analyse without getting the error message, but clicking on the Analyze-button another error-message pops up saying: (50104) Folder does not exist, was moved or renamed.
Is there a chance you know what the problem could be this time?

Simon

[Edited at 2008-07-03 14:23]

Italy
Member (2007)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Done Jul 3, 2008

Hi, Gareth

I managed to solve this problem alone, so now everything is fine. Thanks anyway for your help.

Simon

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Log File Location has Changed... Jul 3, 2008

Hello,

This error message appears when you specify that the log file of the Analyse, Translate or Clean-up features of Translator's Workbench is to be saved to a folder that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Note: This message does not refer to the file that is being analysed, translated or cleaned up.

Please read the following SDL Knowledge Base article to solve this problem:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1533&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench: Filter definition file

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search