Multiterm error "unable to cast object of type"...
Thread poster: Marc Van Gastel
Marc Van Gastel
Marc Van Gastel  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:32
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 7, 2008

Hi, HEELP

I have five years of experience using Trados, like it, use it a lot and know most of its intricacies.
One source of frustration is that I haven't been able to get Multiterm to work properly.

I used to work with Trados 6.5 and multiterm 5.5, worked well, and enjoyed it as a good tool.

The last three years I've been unable to get muliterm working in the combination Trados 7.5 and Multiterm 7.

I connect to a local database (new a
... See more
Hi, HEELP

I have five years of experience using Trados, like it, use it a lot and know most of its intricacies.
One source of frustration is that I haven't been able to get Multiterm to work properly.

I used to work with Trados 6.5 and multiterm 5.5, worked well, and enjoyed it as a good tool.

The last three years I've been unable to get muliterm working in the combination Trados 7.5 and Multiterm 7.

I connect to a local database (new and empty one, but an old one has the same effect) under term memory options in trados. It is apparently recognized and connected to.

But then each time I open a new segment (!!!) in TAGEDITOR I get
"Unable to cast object of type 'Trados.MultiTerm.multisearch.Multisearchparams' to type.

Yeeee right, who understands that? Problem is that it won't ever go away until I uninstall multiterm, which I did.... I've given up trying to get service from Trados, they just won't listen.

Anyone?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error "unable to cast object of type"...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »