Thread poster: jeromeb

jeromeb
France
Local time: 23:13
German to French
+ ...
Jul 8, 2008

Hello

I get an error message when saving a html file translated with TagEditor 8 (build 835- latest version as far as i know). The message that appears is :
"Runtime error
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way/Please contact the application support's team...."
After that, both the Workbench and the file with Tageditor do not function any longer.
I work with XP and Office 2007.
I have been told by the SDL team to register the software, but it did not solve the problem.
Can someone help ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you register SDL Trados 2007 with the small program from SDL International program group? Jul 8, 2008

Or did you try to ACTIVATE the software?
This makes a big difference.
Did you check all tags in your html-file?

Regards
Jerzy

jeromeb
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RUNTIME ERROR Jul 9, 2008

Hello Jerzy

Further to your recommandation (also given by SDL) I have registered the software withouth success. The tags in the file are not damaged (the problem occurrs even when no segment is opened). Could you give me more details about the activation of the software.
Best regards
Seamus

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Your software is already activated, when you're using it Jul 9, 2008

This is somehow strange, as html files are in not any sophisticated format, but just html...
This should always work.
Would you please send me the original html file and the translated ttx file for testing?
My email is info at doku minus trans dot de.

Best regards
Jerzy

jeromeb
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RUNTIME ERROR Jul 14, 2008

Hello Jerzy
Thanks for your reply and proposal to check the files; I don't think the problem comes from the html files. I will try a radical solution and install Trados on a brand new PC and see what happens then. I think I will get in touch with the SDL developers if the problem remains
Best regards
Seamus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RUNTIME ERROR when saving file with TAGEDITOR

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search