Thread poster: Susanne Lomander

Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:56
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2008

Hi

FOr some reason my new Trados Freelance 2007 (SP2) doesn't work on my laptop, everything seemed to function in trial mode. So I made the mistake of uninstalling 2007 and was now trying to reinstall it but get the following error message:

Error 1317. An error ocurred while trying to create the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dokument\SDL Trados.

The installation stops there and I have to cancel out. I am now desperate because I need to work on laptop and the SDLX program won't let me (it is in trial mode, and won't allow me to register it anywhere!).

I have bought a new license for 2007 and have an activation code (used once on my PC). Is that the problem - the license won't let me install it on both my PC and my laptop?
I upgraded from Freelance 2006 and use XP 2002 SP2.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thanks from a desperate freelancer

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you installing the software with administrator rights on your PC? Jul 8, 2008

The error message you quoted suggests, that you do not have enough rights to create this directory - this happens, when you are logged in as a user without administrator rights.
Please try to install the software when logged in as administrator.

Regards
Jerzy

Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it (as you said, a Windows problem!) Jul 9, 2008

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you so much for your response. I managed to fix it late last night, also by changing the sharing settings for the entire folder under Documents and Settings, so that I could access the Dokument folder that was denying access. Now things are fine, and I can get on with my life! =)

Thanks again for your response!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error installing SDLX Trados Freelance 2007 on laptop

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search