https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/109840-is_sdl_trados_2006_compatible_with_windows_vista.html

Is SDL Trados 2006 compatible with Windows Vista?
Thread poster: oroborus
oroborus
oroborus
Local time: 17:38
English to Spanish
Jul 10, 2008

Hello,

I am in the market for a new laptop and they all come with Windows Vista. I know that SDL Trados 2006 is not compatible with Microsoft Office 2007, but is it compatible with Windows Vista?

Also, does anyone know if I buy a new computer with Windows Vista I can down grade to Windows XP?

Thanks
Steven

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:38
English to German
+ ...
Please search the forum(s) Jul 10, 2008

Hi Steven,
Both issues were discussed on several occasions already; may I suggest to search this forum for "Vista" and "SDL Trados 2006".

Best regards,
Ralf

oroborus
oroborus
Local time: 17:38
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I have checked old post, but still confused Jul 10, 2008

Thanks for the suggestion. I did check old post and I was still a little confused. Some say they had a lot of problems but I'm not sure if they are confusing Vista and Office 2007. Also, a majority of the post are from over a year and a half ago. Anyways,I was just wondering if anybody recently has had no problem running SDL Trados 2006 with Windows Vista since Windows XP isn't available anymore.

Anybody body had success? Thanks in advance.

Steven

Ramon Inglada
Ramon Inglada  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
It does work Jul 10, 2008

Hi Steven,

A month ago I started using SDL Trados 2006 on Windows Vista Home Premium and Office 2003. No problems so far, everything works fine.

Regarding the downgrade to XP, I would only recommend it if the manufacturer of the computer easily makes available all the required drivers for the PC's different components (in some cases, you can even find a kind of "XP downgrade pack, but I believe this is quite an exception).

From personal experience, I downgr
... See more
Hi Steven,

A month ago I started using SDL Trados 2006 on Windows Vista Home Premium and Office 2003. No problems so far, everything works fine.

Regarding the downgrade to XP, I would only recommend it if the manufacturer of the computer easily makes available all the required drivers for the PC's different components (in some cases, you can even find a kind of "XP downgrade pack, but I believe this is quite an exception).

From personal experience, I downgraded a laptop with Vista Home Premium to XP and it was an absolute nightmare. In the end I got everything working, but it took me hours of research and trial and error attempts to find the right drivers (or workarounds) to get everything working. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle. I was told real horror stories about Vista and so far, even though I still prefer good old XP, I dare say I even start to like Vista a bit.

I hope this helps!

Ramon
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:38
English
SDL Trados 2006 and Windows Vista... Jul 10, 2008

Hello Steven,

SDL Trados 2006 is not designed to be run on Windows Vista and so it is not fully compatible. To get full compatibility between SDL Trados and Windows Vista then I would recommend upgrading to SDL Trados 2007, which would also offer full compatibility with Word 2007.

If you're interested in purchasing an upgrade then please e-mail [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Many
... See more
Hello Steven,

SDL Trados 2006 is not designed to be run on Windows Vista and so it is not fully compatible. To get full compatibility between SDL Trados and Windows Vista then I would recommend upgrading to SDL Trados 2007, which would also offer full compatibility with Word 2007.

If you're interested in purchasing an upgrade then please e-mail [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 18:38
English to Spanish
Recently... Jul 10, 2008

I bought a new laptop with Vista (yes, they all come with Vista and Office 2007), and this is what I did:
I uninstalled Office 2007 and loaded Office 2003 instead due to I have SDL Trados 7.1.

No problema!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is SDL Trados 2006 compatible with Windows Vista?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »