https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/110099-trados_and_office_2007.html

Trados and office 2007
Thread poster: Martina Amstutz
Martina Amstutz
Martina Amstutz  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
English to German
+ ...
Jul 14, 2008

I have started working with Office 2007 and have now realised that the Trados tool bar has disappeared from word. I haven't so far managed to find out how to recover them.
Can anybody help me?

The Trados version I work with is Trados 6.5 Freelance.

[Edited at 2008-07-14 09:43]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Jul 14, 2008

Hi Martina,
Can you please provide your full version details, as requested on the form used to post a new topic?

Thanks, and best regards
Ralf

aydin kaya
aydin kaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:02
English to Turkish
+ ...
same problem with office 2003 Jul 14, 2008

i have same problem with office 2003 now.
please someone help us to bring trados toolbar back.
my trados version is 7.0

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not the same problem Jul 14, 2008

As for Office 2007 and Trados 6.5 there is no help, as your Trados version is fully incompatible with the Office verion you have.
You neeed either to use a compatible version of Office (AFAIR up to Office XP) or upgrade your Trados to SDL Trados 2007.

With Office 2003 and Trados 7 - please check, if the Trados7.dot template is in place. It should be in Word startup folder.
... See more
As for Office 2007 and Trados 6.5 there is no help, as your Trados version is fully incompatible with the Office verion you have.
You neeed either to use a compatible version of Office (AFAIR up to Office XP) or upgrade your Trados to SDL Trados 2007.

With Office 2003 and Trados 7 - please check, if the Trados7.dot template is in place. It should be in Word startup folder. If it is already there, very probably it got corrupted. Replace it with a fresh copy from Trados installation folder. If it still does not help, rename your Normal.dot to xNormal.dot and try again. Word wird recreate the Normal.dot and now everything should work fine.
Refer to Word/Trados help files to find the locations I mentioned here or use forum search - similar problems have been described here numerous times.
Collapse

Eva Straus
Eva Straus  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2007)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Open MS Word. Then: Tools > Templates and Add-Ins > Templates ... Jul 14, 2008

... and make sure Trados*.dot is checked. This often does the trick. Good luck!

What Jerzy said; we cross-posted

[Edited at 2008-07-14 09:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and office 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »