How do I reactivate Workbench's tools (TRADOS)?
Thread poster: dott.ssa Daniela Gigante
dott.ssa Daniela Gigante
dott.ssa Daniela Gigante  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:57
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2008

Workbench's tools (analyse, translate e clean up) don't work any longer (TRADOS). This is the fault message: 50104: folder does not exist, was moved or renamed. Could anyone help me?

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:57
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Change the target location of the log file Jul 15, 2008

Daniela Gigante wrote:

Workbench's tools (analyse, translate e clean up) don't work any longer (TRADOS). This is the fault message: 50104: folder does not exist, was moved or renamed. Could anyone help me?

When you use these tools, there's a button in the dialog box that lets you choose the name and location of the log file that the tool will create. By default, it uses the last file name and location that was chosen.

Right now, Trados is trying to place that log file in a folder that no longer exists on your computer. Change the target location for the log file and it should work again.

[Edited at 2008-07-15 13:23]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:57
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please go to Options Jul 15, 2008

Translation Memory Options and chose the register "Tools".
Then deselect the option "Use same log file for all TMs".

Next time please use the forum search - this solution has been described here before.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I reactivate Workbench's tools (TRADOS)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »