Fuzzy Match does not work on SDLX
Thread poster: Daniele Bertinato

Daniele Bertinato  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 17, 2008

I was doing a translation and the fuzzy macth appeared on my TM on the bottom left of the screen. I clicked Alt 1 as requested and the fuzzy match moved to my translation line. But when I go and fix what I have to fix on the text and hit enter, the colour of the line changes from green (fuzzy match), to Blue again. What am I doing wrong ???
I would appreciate some help.

Thank you

Daniele

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:34
English to Polish
Blue Jul 17, 2008

Blue means the segment was confirmed, so that's OK. I am worried with "blue again" – have you translated again something that was already confirmed?

English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Blue again once fixed fuzzy match Jul 17, 2008

Hello,

No what happens is:

There is a fuzzy match so a press ALt 1, it gets moved to my text(showing as GREEN), once there, I fix whatever is missing or not accurate on the fuzzy match, after I do that and hit ENTER to confirm, it turns BLUE instead of Green (to show it was a fuzzy match). Qhat am I doing wrong ???

I hope I was able to explain myself better.

Thanks for the help.

Daniele

avantix  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
BLUE means: confirmed Jul 18, 2008

As Wojciech already explained: blue means confirmed.

If you have an empty target segment (no colour), you write the translation in and confirm with ENTER. Then the segment turns blue.

If you have a fuzzy matched segment (e.g. taken from TM by pressing ALT 1) the segment colour becomes green, signalling that you still have to alter the text or add/delete somthing. Having done that, you press ENTER and the segment colour will turn blue, as it does when confirming a totally new text.

avantix  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
Addition Jul 18, 2008

Remember: only blue coloured segments will appear in your TM as 100% matches after you have saved the file and later reopen it.

English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Relieved Jul 18, 2008

Thank you very much...I thought I was doing something wrong. I usually work with Tag Editor, so...I was not so sure how the fuzzy match should show once fixed.

Regards,

Daniele

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy Match does not work on SDLX

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search