David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:32
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2008

I am using Windows XP, with Trados Workbench 7.5.0.759 (build 759) and Tag Editor 7.5.0.759 and Word 2003.

I translated regular .ttx files which matched a corresponding .doc file.
I cleaned the ttx files and the target text appeared in the .doc files.
I had to update terminology in the ttx files.
When I tried to clean the ttx files, I received the following error:

"-2147418113 Unexpected error using plug-in file filter" and the .doc files are NOT upd
... See more
I am using Windows XP, with Trados Workbench 7.5.0.759 (build 759) and Tag Editor 7.5.0.759 and Word 2003.

I translated regular .ttx files which matched a corresponding .doc file.
I cleaned the ttx files and the target text appeared in the .doc files.
I had to update terminology in the ttx files.
When I tried to clean the ttx files, I received the following error:

"-2147418113 Unexpected error using plug-in file filter" and the .doc files are NOT updated.

Any advice on this one?
Collapse

Edith Goebel
Edith Goebel  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:32
German to Danish
+ ...
Forum search Jul 21, 2008

You are not the only one with this problem:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/92302-2147418113:_unexpected_error_using_plug_in_filter-.html

David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:32
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is there an update I am missing? Jul 21, 2008

Thanks for this. I saw these posts before, but they seemed to be dealing with PowerPoint files. I thought maybe mine was different case because I was working with plain .doc files which I translated using TagEditor.

It sounds like this issue got resolved with some Trados patch. Any idea where that could be? I already update my Trados using the "Cumulative Patch 2" and my current version is Trados 2006, Tag Editor 7.5 (Build 759). Am I missing an update somewhere. I don't see it
... See more
Thanks for this. I saw these posts before, but they seemed to be dealing with PowerPoint files. I thought maybe mine was different case because I was working with plain .doc files which I translated using TagEditor.

It sounds like this issue got resolved with some Trados patch. Any idea where that could be? I already update my Trados using the "Cumulative Patch 2" and my current version is Trados 2006, Tag Editor 7.5 (Build 759). Am I missing an update somewhere. I don't see it on the Trados site.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:32
English
Try this... Jul 22, 2008

Hello David,

The problem may be with a corrupt filter definitions file. Try the following article from the SDL knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

-2147418113 Unexpected error using plug-in file filer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »