Thread poster: Nicole Maina

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:45
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2008

I am using TagEditor 8.2.0.835 with XP translating ttx files. Sometimes when I open a file, TagEditor crashes, and I have to try 4 or 5 times before I am able to open the document.

Now I have managed to translate 8 out of 10 files, but there is no way to open the last 2 files. Same TM, same project, same format... but they won't open. What could the reason be?

Thank you very much in advance!

Nicole

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:45
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
MS Word troubles? Jul 22, 2008

1. In my recent jobs, source texts were in MS Word XP version. I use SDL Trados 2007 and Word 2003. Even I use TagEditor but there is interface with Word. I got many errors due to graphics in source files.
I found later that Word 2003 and Word XP use different graphic coding. I needed to update my MS Office 2003 with Service Pack 1.
After that, TagEditor rarely collapses, but it may does sometime: Weak points of Trados.
2. In another instance, I needed to save *.doc as *.rtf and *.doc again. Or Open and repair in Word.
3. I rarely have TagEditor shutdown troubles with other file formats: xls, ppt, htm, inx, itd, bif, xml, txt, rtf, mif, qxd, indd etc.
4. SDL Trados has patch for TagEditor bugs: Open the Support tab of SDL International website to download and install.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

[Edited at 2008-07-22 05:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 8.2.0.835 crashes randomly when opening some files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search