lidolang
lidolang
Poland
Local time: 16:15
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hello,

I need your help. I'm working with SDL Trados 2007 and my problem is the following one: when I start TagEditor there appears the message: Failed to retrieve tag tollbar settings for plugin file format: Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\...\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml.
After confirming TagEditor starts but it doesn’t run correctly. For example, when I try to insert a single tag I receive an empty tag. The only way to get tags inserted i
... See more
Hello,

I need your help. I'm working with SDL Trados 2007 and my problem is the following one: when I start TagEditor there appears the message: Failed to retrieve tag tollbar settings for plugin file format: Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\...\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml.
After confirming TagEditor starts but it doesn’t run correctly. For example, when I try to insert a single tag I receive an empty tag. The only way to get tags inserted into a target segment is to use the Copy Source feature.
I installed Trados on my computer again but it didn't help - the problem is still existing.
Maybe someone of you had a similar problem... Thank you in advance for any help.

Anna

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-07-23 14:51]
Collapse

Optiproz Pri (X)
Optiproz Pri (X)
English
SDL KB Jul 24, 2008

Hi

Try the KB article....

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1

Cheers

lidolang
lidolang
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that was the point Jul 29, 2008

Hi Cheers,

the SP2 solved my problem - TagEditor is running OK.

Thanks so much for your help!

Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »