Nathalie White
Nathalie White  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:09
English to French
+ ...
Jul 30, 2008

Hi everyone,

I am trying to load a glossary (.mdb file) into MultiTerm but I get an error message telling me to increase the lock count as the number of entries exceeds it.

Obviously, the loading process stops there and the termbase is incomplete.

Would anyone know how to resolve this? Have you encountered this issue before?

Needless to say, the size of the .mdb file is pretty big: 80,000 KB.

Thank you for your help,
Nathal
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am trying to load a glossary (.mdb file) into MultiTerm but I get an error message telling me to increase the lock count as the number of entries exceeds it.

Obviously, the loading process stops there and the termbase is incomplete.

Would anyone know how to resolve this? Have you encountered this issue before?

Needless to say, the size of the .mdb file is pretty big: 80,000 KB.

Thank you for your help,
Nathalie
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 22:09
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
There's an ldb file ... Jul 30, 2008

I am trying to load a glossary (.mdb file) into MultiTerm but I get an error message telling me to increase the lock count as the number of entries exceeds it...
Nathalie

...created every time an mdb file is opened. XYZ.ldb makes sure that the XYZ.mdb is accessed properly, counting the number of users using it concurrently etc. If the mdb file is then not closed properly for whatever reason, ldb persists. Simple medication: delete the ldb file - or if you feel unsure, rename it. It is in the same subdirectory as the correspoding mdb.

Regards

Vito

Nathalie White
Ireland
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 30, 2008

Hi Vito,

Thanks very much for your help but, unfortunately, there is no ldb file in the same folder as the mdb one(

I can see mtw files, xdt files, mta, mtf... but no ldb.

Any idea?

Thanks again,
Nathalie

Nathalie White
Ireland
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here is the solution... Aug 1, 2008

Hi all,

I just managed to resolve this lock count exceeded issue and I thought I should share it with you in case one of us encounters the same error message one day.

Here is the procedure to follow:

Method 1: Set the registry key to MaxLocksPerFile to increase the maximum number of locks per file

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Use the appropriate method:• In Microsoft Access 2000, i
... See more
Hi all,

I just managed to resolve this lock count exceeded issue and I thought I should share it with you in case one of us encounters the same error message one day.

Here is the procedure to follow:

Method 1: Set the registry key to MaxLocksPerFile to increase the maximum number of locks per file

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Use the appropriate method:• In Microsoft Access 2000, in Microsoft Access 2002, and in Microsoft Office Access 2003 that are running on a 32-bit Windows operating system, use Registry Editor to locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0

In Microsoft Access 2000, in Microsoft Access 2002, and in Microsoft Office Access 2003 that are running on a 64-bit Windows operating system, use Registry Editor to locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0
• In Microsoft Office Access 2007 that is running on a 32-bit Windows operating system, use Registry Editor to locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines\ACE

In Microsoft Office Access 2007 that is running on a 64-bit Windows operating system, use Registry Editor to locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access Connectivity Engine\Engines\ACE

4. In the right pane of Registry Editor, double click MaxLocksPerFile.
5. On the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal.
6. Modify the value of the Value data box as required (I have entered 20000 for instance), and then click OK.

Issue fixed!

Nathalie White
Collapse

Alison Watt
Alison Watt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Lock count exceeded in MT 2007 on 64 bit Windows OS Dec 19, 2012

Anyone else had problems loading large MDBs into MT2007 on 64 bit Windows?

I've tried the usual trick of increasing the maximum number of locks per file both in the Trados and Windows drop down menus in Reg Editor but still no luck! Infuriating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lock count exceeded in MultiTerm

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »