KatiaCristin (X)
KatiaCristin (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:47
English to German
+ ...
Jul 31, 2008

Hello,

I received a file from a translator and I wanted to clean it into my new created TM. I use SDL Trados 2007 and the translator has Trados 6.5.

In the clean up window appears cleaned: 13 word: 101, cleaned and updated: 0.
If I open the concordance or make an export of my the TM, I can see that the TM is empty.
from the cleaning process I get a .doc and a .bak file. The text in the .doc is green istead of black, but there seems to be no more hidden te
... See more
Hello,

I received a file from a translator and I wanted to clean it into my new created TM. I use SDL Trados 2007 and the translator has Trados 6.5.

In the clean up window appears cleaned: 13 word: 101, cleaned and updated: 0.
If I open the concordance or make an export of my the TM, I can see that the TM is empty.
from the cleaning process I get a .doc and a .bak file. The text in the .doc is green istead of black, but there seems to be no more hidden text.

Is there anything I do wrong? Might there be a problem with the different Trados versions?

Thanks in advance.
Best, Cristina

[Edited at 2008-07-31 10:26]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:47
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you make sure "Update TM" is checked? Jul 31, 2008

Or did you simply leave all settings by default...

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 16:47
English to German
+ ...
Open the memory to see if there is anything in it Jul 31, 2008

Sometimes users don't export TMs correctly, so you may have an empty TM. I think you can even open it with the notepad program....

Martin

KatiaCristin (X)
KatiaCristin (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:47
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I ticked "Update TM" Aug 4, 2008

Dear Jerzy and Martin,
thank you very much for your answer. I had the cleaning settings on default and I just had to tick the box "update TM" and so happy that it works now.
Thank you so much for your help.
Best,
Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007: Cleaning problems

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »