100% match not shown in the target segment
Thread poster: FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 10:15
English
Aug 1, 2008

Hi

Even though I have a 100% match in my TM, Tag Editor does not offer this automatically on the Target text translation bar. Is because of tags problem?

For example:
The source is
Preparation for Use

With using Concordance, the text can be shown, but how can I make Tag Editor to do that?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fiona

Direct link Reply with quote

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:45
English to Swedish
Tags? Aug 1, 2008

This could be due to differences in tags in the source and the target, or perhaps penalties.

I suggest you lower the "Minimum match value" in Options-Translation Memory Options-General. Try with a value as low as 50%, if it works you can try to increase it until you find a value that works for you (I normally use a value between 65-80% depending on the TM).

You can also adjust the penalties in Options-Translation Memory Options-Penalties.

Åsa

FionaNg
Local time: 10:15
English
TOPIC STARTER
Minimum match value = 35% Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Åsa Campbell.

I have adjusted the "Minimum match value" to 35%, but still can not get it.

May i know what is the usage of penalties?

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% match not shown in the target segment

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search