TagEditor 2007 Error
Thread poster: hellmut1956

hellmut1956  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:52
German to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2008

I have translated a certain number of word documents using the TagEditor. Yesterday I wanted to clean up the files to have the target Word documents generated for review and delivery to my customer. 2 out of 3 files cannot be previewed within TagEditor in the target language using word and neither can be saved with "save Target as" to get the word documents to deliver to my customer. I am getting the following error message in both cases:

Missing comment reference start tag with initials;
T and number: 7. Writing to Word document not possible.

I feel very bad to hurt my customer by not delivering in time. As it looks the TagEditor file got corrupted missing some Tag.

Best regards

Hellmut

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Run the tag verifier Aug 4, 2008

Hi Hellmut,

Missing comment reference start tag with initials;
T and number: 7. Writing to Word document not possible.
As it looks the TagEditor file got corrupted missing some Tag.

That's what it looks like - run the SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier (check the box in Tools - Plugins - Verifiers; hit F8 to run) to find out where a tag is missing.

HTH, Ralf

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The problem may be with comments... Aug 5, 2008

Hello,

I would recommend checking for missing tags using the Generic Tag Verifier first, as Ralf suggested.

However, my experience with this problem is that it can be caused by having a comment wrapped around an image within the original Word document, which is not yet supported by the TagEditor filter.

I would recommend re-attaching the comment to some text instead and then retranslate the file using the Translate to Fuzzy option.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2008-08-05 15:20]

Loreta Alechnaviciute Hoffmann  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:52
Member (2007)
German to Lithuanian
+ ...
Helped in SDL Trados Studio 2009, too Sep 13, 2011

Thank you Gareth

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Deleting comments solved problem Jan 13, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

......However, my experience with this problem is that it can be caused by having a comment wrapped around an image within the original Word document, which is not yet supported by the TagEditor filter.

I would recommend re-attaching the comment to some text instead and then retranslate the file using the Translate to Fuzzy option.

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Thanks Gareth. This worked for me as well. However, I had to delete all the comments, not just the one wrapped around an image.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 Error

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search