How do I insert a new line break tag in TagEditor
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2008

I simply need to insert a new line break tag in TagEditor when the source does not have any. I am using Vista Ultimate and TagEditor 8.

Unfortunately nothing I try seems to be working. Ctrl+1 does not work for me, maybe because I am using a laptop and there is no numeric pad (when I try it, the cursor simply moves to the end of the ttx). When I click on the first icon of the Tag Toolbar, which should be the equivalent of Ctrl+1, I hear a warning sound and nothing happens either. Finally, when I simply try to copy an existing BR tag from another segment and copy it to the segment I want to insert it in, I also get a warning sound and nothing happens.

The only way I can add a BR tag is when the source already it has it, via de “Get placeable” command – or writing it directly, which the client said is not advisable.

Is this a bug, or I am doing something wrong? Any ideas? I have been trying to solve this for the most part of the day, so any help would be hugely appreciated.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-08-05 18:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:33
English to Swedish
Insert tag Aug 5, 2008

Assuming it is a word document, try Edit - Insert tag - Insert tag - 6

If it is a different type of document this option will give you the available tags.

Åsa

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Switch off internal tag protection Aug 5, 2008

and check the tags in the tag tool-bar in Tageditor.

With tag protection on you cannot copy & paste anything.
And a break-tak is an internal one, so you just need to switch off the protection for internal tags. Click in the paddlock you see in TE toolbar and chose "external tags only". The paddlock will then be displayed partially open.

RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Something so simple! Aug 6, 2008

Jerzy, thank you so much. It did work. I just needed to remove the tag protection as you said.

Åsa, thanks for replying as well, it is very much appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I insert a new line break tag in TagEditor

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search