https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/112639-trados_activation_code_no_longer_valid.html

Trados Activation Code no longer valid ?
Thread poster: Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
Local time: 22:55
English to French
Aug 13, 2008

It is my turn to be in a desperate situation with Trados, it seems.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying to reactivate my Trados applications after a reformatting operation. I keep getting the well known and documented error message:

"The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5349-60269 (Error code 50040)"

I contacted the Trados Support via their help form and I also sent several personal emai
... See more
It is my turn to be in a desperate situation with Trados, it seems.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying to reactivate my Trados applications after a reformatting operation. I keep getting the well known and documented error message:

"The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5349-60269 (Error code 50040)"

I contacted the Trados Support via their help form and I also sent several personal emails and reminders. I am still waiting and hoping for an answer. In the mean time, jobs and clients have to wait.

What a frustrating experience...

[Edited at 2008-08-13 20:59]
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:55
Spanish
+ ...
Trados = Frustration Aug 13, 2008

In the meantime, you can use Metatexis. It has no restrictions for two months, you'd just need to export your Trados TM's into the TMX format, and them import them into Metatexis.

Good luck,

Claudia

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:55
English to Russian
You had to return the activtion code before reformatting Aug 13, 2008

I was in the same situation after changing the motherboard of my PC and loosing all data in my Raid storage (including all license information, of course). Luckily I had bought the license from the local SDL dealer and they helped me to restore my license the same day. Unfortunately it is not explicitly explained anywhere or if explained then not sufficiently emphasized that the activation code is to be returned before you re-insntall your OS or move to another PC. This is done via your license... See more
I was in the same situation after changing the motherboard of my PC and loosing all data in my Raid storage (including all license information, of course). Luckily I had bought the license from the local SDL dealer and they helped me to restore my license the same day. Unfortunately it is not explicitly explained anywhere or if explained then not sufficiently emphasized that the activation code is to be returned before you re-insntall your OS or move to another PC. This is done via your license manager in the Trados TWB. I doubt that it will help you, but try to activate your license from the very start:
1. Open your SDL account page, go to "My licenses" and copy the activation code.
2. Open the License Manager in the TWB and select "Activate my license".
3. When the dialog window with the activation code opens, paste the code, and click "OK"/ "Next" (I don't remember the exact name of the button).

If you have tried that already, try to return your code from the License Manager, selecting "View my licenses" and selecting the license and then "Return the license/code".
If you have already tried that and it did not help, request restoration of the acivation key explaining the situation to Trados Support. But unless you have a support contract they will not answer very quickly.
Collapse

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Two helpful suggestions, but Aug 13, 2008

Claudia, your solution would require a major effort. One of my TMs has more than 850,000 TUs and the scope of the migration makes it impracticable. Still, I will look into what Metatexis has to offer.

Alexey, I have done what you describe in details. Let me add that I am still able to return the license and THEN use the activation code on either my desktop or my laptop. But not activate the software on both computers, which is the normal setup.

As you said, reformatti
... See more
Claudia, your solution would require a major effort. One of my TMs has more than 850,000 TUs and the scope of the migration makes it impracticable. Still, I will look into what Metatexis has to offer.

Alexey, I have done what you describe in details. Let me add that I am still able to return the license and THEN use the activation code on either my desktop or my laptop. But not activate the software on both computers, which is the normal setup.

As you said, reformatting the PC made one "fulfillment" disappear. Is it irremediable? Of course not. The solution lies with the Trados Support team and I will let you all know when they finally answer my call(s).

[Edited at 2008-08-13 21:26]
Collapse

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
OK - Case solved Aug 14, 2008

Quick update: Gareth from SDL Trados generated a new activation code for my SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0 license.

Logging a case in Solution Finder
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.4721391
helped explain and resolve the problem. I am back in business on both computers now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Activation Code no longer valid ?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »