SDL Trados 2007 and Windows Vista: How to de-register SDLX?
Thread poster: Lorena Riquelme
Lorena Riquelme
Lorena Riquelme  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:21
English to Spanish
Aug 14, 2008

Hi everybody,

I need your help please.

Perhaps this is a silly question but I need to know how to de-register SDLX. The reason:

I have had many problems for the last 2 weeks and, as I expected, the SDL support team just gave me some useless suggestions and links to solve the problem "on my own".

Now the solution is to reinstall the software. I uninstalled every file except SDLX because I find a message saying that I need to deregister SDLX bef
... See more
Hi everybody,

I need your help please.

Perhaps this is a silly question but I need to know how to de-register SDLX. The reason:

I have had many problems for the last 2 weeks and, as I expected, the SDL support team just gave me some useless suggestions and links to solve the problem "on my own".

Now the solution is to reinstall the software. I uninstalled every file except SDLX because I find a message saying that I need to deregister SDLX before I can unistall it to install everything again.

How do I do it? Where is the function on Windows Vista to deregister SDLX? Or should I do it on the SDL website?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Lorena
Collapse

Lorena Riquelme
Mexico
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry... Aug 14, 2008

I have to de-register my licence, not SDLX.

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
Local time: 04:21
English to French
How to return a license Aug 14, 2008

Hi Lorena,

To license your product on a different computer you simply return the license to the online activation centre and then use it to activate the product on the other computer.

1 From the Start menu select Program Files > SDL Trados 2007 > License Manager. The SDL License Manager dialog box is displayed.
2 Click View Licenses. The Installed Licenses dialog box is displayed.
3 Select the license to be returned and click Return License. The license is r
... See more
Hi Lorena,

To license your product on a different computer you simply return the license to the online activation centre and then use it to activate the product on the other computer.

1 From the Start menu select Program Files > SDL Trados 2007 > License Manager. The SDL License Manager dialog box is displayed.
2 Click View Licenses. The Installed Licenses dialog box is displayed.
3 Select the license to be returned and click Return License. The license is returned to the online product activation centre. You can now install the product on another machine and then activate the product online using the
same product activation key.

In (3) you have to position the cursor in the "fulfillement ID" field and then click on Return License.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Lorena Riquelme
Mexico
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Another problem... Aug 14, 2008

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I have unistalled everything (except SDLX) and didn't return the activation code. I didn't know I had to do that and the person who contacted me from SDL support neither told me that. In a desperate moment I uninstalled it. Now I can't resintall the software because I haven't deregister the licence and I don't know what to do right now.

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
Local time: 04:21
English to French
You should be able to reinstall the software Aug 15, 2008

If the reinstall went OK, your SDLX is now running in demo mode and you need to activate it, right? Simply ask SDL Support to regenerate a new activation code for you and you'll be all set.

Logging a case in Solution Finder
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.4721391
is the best way to explain and resolve such a problem.
Goo
... See more
If the reinstall went OK, your SDLX is now running in demo mode and you need to activate it, right? Simply ask SDL Support to regenerate a new activation code for you and you'll be all set.

Logging a case in Solution Finder
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.4721391
is the best way to explain and resolve such a problem.
Good luck.

Note: Being a Trados user (on both Vista and XP), I am assuming SDLX works the same way...
Collapse

Lorena Riquelme
Mexico
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias... Aug 15, 2008

Mil gracias, Maurice.

Hice lo que me dijiste y me generaron un nuevo código. Ahora todo funciona bien.

Saludos argentinos desde México...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 and Windows Vista: How to de-register SDLX?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »