I cannot open TWB
Thread poster: Anne-Sophie Jubien
Anne-Sophie Jubien  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:59
German to French
+ ...
Aug 15, 2008

Hello,

I did not work with Trados (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance) during the last months but now I need it for a new project. So I wanted to open TWB but it doesn't work. I only get following error message :
'An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close.'

We (my husband helps me!!) checked everything we could but it still doesn't work.
Could somebody help me, please??

Thanks in advance!

Anne-Sophie

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:59
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Some suggestions Aug 15, 2008

This happens to me occasionally, when I accidentally try to load a second copy of TWB. Perhaps TWB is already loaded but minimised, and you click on TWB again. Make sure TWB is not already running. If you have Win XP, run Program Manager to see if TW4Win.exe is already running.

If that is not the problem, check your licence - Help / License Manager. What does the show for your license status? Does it need activation?

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Aug 18, 2008

Thank you for these suggestions, Peter. And sorry for taking so long to answer!
I am sure, TWB is not already running.
I tried different ways: I started "Register SDL Trados 2007", I checked the "License Manager" and I uninstalled and re-installed Trados but nothing helps...

This morning I tried to contact SDL here:
http://www.sdl.com/fr/contact/contact.asp

But I am unable to send my question: it doesn't work!!

Does somebody know how to solve my problem or how to contact SDL?
And... of course... I did not subscribe the Assistance Contract...

Many thanks in advance!

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still nothing... Aug 18, 2008

It still doesn't work... Today I checked again while I disconnected the antivirus but it doesn't help...
I can't reach SDL and I really don't know what to do.
A weird point: today, the Trados toolbar appears when I open Word!???

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
compatibility issues Aug 18, 2008

You didn't state which version of Word you are using - there can be some compatibility issues with these pieces of software...perhaps you need to switch to an earlier version of Word...?

For example, I am using Trados 7 and Word (XP version), running on a vista operating system.

My Trados toolbar also appears in Word 2007 (which I also have) but I have never got it to work.

I was going to suggest something else, but then you report that the toolbar is visible so the template must be already there.

Sometimes a simple uninstall / then re-install might do the trick. I had to re-install when none of my chosen laguages showed up after I had selected them: instead of English, Irish, Spanish etc., all I got was Chinese, Basque, Bulgarian etc.

Wish I could help more.

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Compatibility... Aug 19, 2008

Sorry, I'm using Word 2003 and Trados SDL 2007 Freelance but I don't think it could be a compatibility issue: I used it without any problem during about 8 months. Since March or April, I didn't need it and when I tried to use it again these days, TWB couldn't start.

I tried many solutions and uninstalled / re-installed Trados but it didn't help...

When I try to start TWB, I only get the message 'An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close.'

I'm really desperate!!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados 2007 Freelance... Aug 19, 2008

Hello Anne-Sophie,

This error usually occurs when you are using a freelance version of SDL Trados 2007 on the same network with another version of SDL Trados.

SDL Trados Freelance is not designed for this type of use; this would require the professional version.

I would recommend turning off all other versions of SDL Trados that are being used on the same network and then try again.

If you still receive further problems then please visit http://talisma.sdl.com and visit the solution finder. If the solution finder does not solve your problem then you will be given a support form to fill in which will then be sent to one of our support engineers who will contact you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Technician

German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gareth Aug 19, 2008

Hello Gareth,

Thank you for your message.

I work as an independent so I'm not working in a network.

I followed your link to the Solution Finder and as it couldn't solve the problem, I filled in the form and sent it to the SDL Support.

Thanks for your help! Now I keep my fingers crossed!

Anne-Sophie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cannot open TWB

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search