Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Local time: 07:21
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2008

Hi,

I am currently working on a translation and when I tried to start Trados today a message appeared: "Failed to initialize the application". What does this mean? Is there something wrong with my computer or do I need a new license code?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Aug 20, 2008

Monica,
Help others to help you by providing as much information as you can, as requested on the page for posting a new topic:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

Regarding the last point, which application were you trying to launch?

Best regards,
Ralf

Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Aug 20, 2008

SDL Trados 2007.

xxxUSER0059  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:21
English to Finnish
+ ...
The name of the application Aug 20, 2008

Monica Berntsson wrote:

SDL Trados 2007.

That is indeed the name of the product. However, as far as I know there is no such application, which makes your question ambiguous. I assume this is what Ralf meant.

Examples of Trados applications and version numbers include TagEditor 8.0.0.826, Translator's Workbench 8.0.0.826, and WinAlign 8.0.0.826.

Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not start at all Aug 20, 2008

When I try to start SDL Trados this error message appears. I'm not able to start Trados in any form. I have been in contact with Trados and they say it a problem with my Windows registry. I have clicked on Use administrator rights because it seemed it was not activated althoguh I use my home computer and this has never occurred before. I don't know what this means and what I can do. Trados will send me a new activation code and I will try that.

xxxUSER0059  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:21
English to Finnish
+ ...
Sorry Aug 20, 2008

Monica Berntsson wrote:

When I try to start SDL Trados this error message appears.

I guess you really have an application by that name then. I do not, but anyway, I keep my fingers crossed that someone will be able to help.

Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Application? Aug 20, 2008

The name of my application is SDL Trados 2007 and this does not start at all when I click on it, an error message appears "Failure initializing the application". When I go to the "registry" it says I do not have administrator rights but when I click use administrator rights that does not help. It seems noone has heard of this problem. Trados refer it to a Windows registry problem but how os that solved?

Monica Berntsson
Sweden
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows problem? Aug 20, 2008

I see now that this message appears also when I reboot the computer, so it does not have to do with Trados. I guess I will have to contact a computer technician now:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not start

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search