Different total wordcount with different TM!
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:42
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2008

I did an analysis of a Word document and I got a total wordcount. Then I realized I had used the wrong TM so I redo the analysis and I got 28 more words (Total Words), including three more repetitions. I even made sure to download the same file again in case I had accidentally modified the file, but I got the same wordcount. How is that possible since I never changed the settings?

I use Trados 2007 SP2 and Word 2003.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:42
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And now it's back to the original number of words Aug 20, 2008

I run the analysis tool again, and the total wordcount is back to the original number. I'm very confused. The only thing I did was clicking on the Track Changes button, which I noticed was turned on. Again, the document was not modified by any means, but turning on/off the Track Changes button doesn't really do anything. I mean, on or off, the wordcount is now the same, which is the original number.

Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
German to English
Word count varies even weird in Word itself Aug 21, 2008

It even varies within Word itself - one count from when the document itself open and then another when right-clicking on the icon to bring up the properties .... the count from when the document is open is the correct one but I really have long since given up attempting to figure out why!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different total wordcount with different TM!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search