Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:41
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 1, 2008

Hi,

While installing an upgrade to SDL Trados 2007, the installation screen won't allow me to install SDL Phrasefinder. When I click on the link, *nothing* happens. Has anyone encountered this, and do they have a solution?

My OS is Windows XP, the Trados build is 835, I have Multiterm 2007 installed as well as SDL Service Pack 2.

Any help is much appreciated!

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I can't install SDL Phrasefinder either Nov 1, 2008

A message comes up on the screen and says that "Windows 2000 or higher" is required, and that "the installation will now abort".

I have Vista as my operating system.

Jenn Mercer
Jenn Mercer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:41
Member (2009)
French to English
I hope you found an answer Apr 16, 2010

Because nearly a year and a half later, I am having the same problem. I am also using Vista.

I am hoping that I just installed things in the wrong order, but I would appreciate any help with finding a workaround for this.

Tom Fennell
Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 07:41
Russian to English
+ ...
February 2011 and no solution for years already Feb 28, 2011

As far as I can tell.

Does anyone actually use PhraseFinder?

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Correct forum and support Feb 28, 2011

Hello everyone,
I suggest the correct forum for this question would be the SDL Trados Support.
But anyways, you are eligible for free support on installation and licensing issues, so I recommend that you log a support case on www.translationzone.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Phrasefinder Installation Problem

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »